Putin and Obama are the most influential politicians
Western Internet users consider the Russian prime minister Putin and president of the USA to be the most influential politicians in the world. The survey involved 6000 people of the UK, Italy, France, Germany, Spain and the United States.
The survey was conducted from March 31 to April 12. It was attended by more than 6 thousand people in five leading countries of Western Europe and the USA. Each participant could only vote for one candidate.
Votes for the world’s most influential politicians:
- Barack Obama — 82% of respondents.
- Vladimir Putin’s 62% of respondents.
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev — 42% of survey participants.
- Deutsch leader Angela Merkel — 62% of the vote
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy — 57% of respondents